If you’ve mastered purchasing Bitcoin but are a bit lost when it comes to other cryptocurrencies, you’ve come to the right place.
Let’s talk KuCoin
Finding a good exchange that helps purchasing and selling Bitcoin while using fiat currency is the first step.
If you don’t have an exchange that allows you to do this, check out this resource to help guide you through it.
After that, you need to track down a good exchange that enables you to purchase cryptocurrency while using Bitcoin.
KuCoin is one type of cryptocurrency exchange and works well for anyone in search for a secure and modern platform to swap between cryptocurrencies.
KuCoin was launched by a group of individuals who had a passion for blockchain and who also had initially built strong relationships with industry leaders such as Ant Financial, GF Securities, and Youling.
Their purpose is to provide users with a straightforward and safe conversion method for currencies on a high-quality platform.
Currently, it’s not possible to purchase KuCoin with USD without buying another cryptocurrency first. Which is why we’ve made a list of cryptocurrencies you can use for KuCoin use, to start off this how-to article.
Buy and Sell KuCoin Shares (KCS) with These Cryptocurrencies
While you can’t purchase KuCoin directly with USD, don’t worry, it’s still possible.
All you need is to use a different type of cryptocurrency in order to buy KuCoin. Many of these cryptocurrencies are available for purchase with USD. The price varies, depending on the type of pair you’re trading. If you’re looking to sell or buy a lot of KuCoin, it’s best to keep this fact in mind.
Here are the most popular forms of cryptocurrencies used to purchase your new KuCoin:
By choosing one of these cryptocurrencies (first finding which are available to purchase through USD), you’ll be taking your first step towards buying KuCoin.
Alternatively, you can choose one of the purchase options we’ve outlined a bit further down this article to simplify the process.
Pros and cons of KuCoin
As of now, there’s a set number of 181 million coins, all of which are being used in circulation.
Getting Started: Buying KuCoin
We’re going to outline two methods to purchase KuCoin, both of which are extremely simple and easy to follow.
Depending on your set-up and end goal, you may prefer one of these options more than the other
Let’s start with the Coinbase route.
Buying KuCoin with Coinbase
This is the most cost-effective way to go from USD to KCS while starting with Coinbase. This is a sleek and smart platform that helps you buy and sell digital currency while setting you up with a good looking digital currency portfolio.
First step is to create a Coinbase account. Next, Connect your bank account. This will help you dodge any transaction fees.
However, if you’re wanting to buy KuCoin immediately (it may take awhile) you can buy funds with a debit or credit card.
Next, create a KuCoin account. This is the place where you’ll begin gathering KCS.
Once your accounts are set up, you can then login to GDAX by using your Coinbase account. The only thing you need to know is that GDAX is the exchange platform for Coinbase. GDAX offers an easier transfer process and doesn’t require a fee while, unfortunately, Coinbase transfers do.
After that, make sure to confirm your identity through GDAX with both the front and back of your license. The verification process can take between a couple of hours to 24 hours.
If the confirmation for identification is taking a while, you can get right to work and begin transferring funds from your bank account to buy Ethereum so that everything is set and ready to go once confirmation comes through.
All you need to do is purchase the amount you want in USD.
After Your Accounts are Set Up
Once you have everything set up, the fund flow will go from USD to Coinbase, to ETH, GDAX, KuCoin and finally to KCS.
While it looks like a somewhat daunting process, it’s extremely straight forward.
Next, you need to go to this page on GDAX to deposit ETH from your Coinbase account.
After that, press the button that reads, “deposit” and click on the Coinbase Account tab, choosing ETH Wallet as the main source.
Next, deposit the funds by clicking the button and accepting the confirmation.
After you’ve finished depositing the funds, you can then move to this page on your KuCoin tab. Copy the ETH wallet address, and return to the same page you were on for the GDAX site. Click on “withdraw”.
After that, you can go to the ETH address tab, paste your ETH wallet address from your KuCoin account into the field that reads, “destination” then press the button that says, “MAX”.
Click on the withdraw funds button and wait a couple seconds for the ETH to transfer over to KuCoin.
Once your funds have been transferred properly, they will appear on this page here.
Presto! You’ve successfully bought your first batch of KuCoin.
Easy, wasn’t it?
Buying KuCoin with KuCoin Exchange
If you’re not a fan of the method above for whatever reason, we’ve included a second method for buying KuCoin.
This method involves using KuCoin Exchange itself, as its the primary platform for KCS tokens. Owning some KuCoin Shares provides a 50% trading feed shared among KCS holders and paid by the KuCoin platform.
Also, owning some KCS provides you with a 1% off trading fee for every 1,000 tokens you have.
Tokens can be swapped from Ether, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, NEO, Dash or Red Pulse, as described earlier. According to some token holders, the KuCoin exchange platform is the best place to hold KCS tokens.
Follow these steps to purchase your KuCoin Shares through the popular KuCoin Exchange.
- Start an account on KuCoin Exchange. Click here to be brought to the registration page. Plug in your details and a secure password. Click “next”.
- You’ll receive an email with the newly registered account. Log into your account and click the link you received in your email to verify your email address.
- The process should bring you into your account on the KuCoin platform. If not, just type in your login details on the main page.
- Click the “Deposit” button to add funds into your KuCoin account.
- Since you’re depositing money for the first time, you’ll need to verify your bank account by setting up Google Authenticator.
- Next, follow the directions for Google Authenticator. This will require downloading, installing and entering a special code on your KuCoin account.
- To Deposit your KCS token, click on the drop=down menu and click the asset you wish to deposit. Due to slow transaction confirmation times and high transaction fees, you may want to go with ETH or Ether, which will save you a lot of time and money.
- Once the ETH asset is pressed, your Ether wallet is displayed on the KuCoin screen. You can use this to create multiple deposits.
- Next, copy your wallet address to your exchange wallet outside of KuCoin where you may have some Ether cryptocurrencies. Send them to KuCoin. Wait a few moments for the transaction to complete and show up on KuCoin.
- Click on the tab “Markets” at the top of the page, and then the ETH tab. Then, press the KCS/ETH choice from the list of options.
- Once you’ve made it to the KCS/ETH page, you should see that the sell and buy options is disabled. You’ll then need to enter your Google Authenticator app code.
- Press the “Best Price” link found in the “Price” list
- Type in the number of tokens you wish to exchange for your ETH tokens. After that, the amount you can buy with your funds will show up in the “Amount” section.
- Click “Buy” and you’re finished!
All you need to do now is sit back and watch KCS prices fly. The best kind of reward for a surprisingly simple and easy to follow procedure.
How to Buy KuCoin: At a Glance
KuCoin is arguably one of the best cryptocurrency buys currently available as it has experienced a steady growth other the past few months.
As one of the fastest growing, along with its sleek and user-friendly platform, as a cryptocurrency user, it’s hard to avoid its temptation.
Although the process of purchasing KuCoin isn’t necessarily direct, the company has provided a stress-free alternative to purchasing these tokens, and we’re loving it.
Check out KuCoin yourself to figure out if it’s the right choice for you and your new cryptocurrency pursuits!